Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, October 24, 2020

VOTE

          November 3 - one of the most important elections in the history of our country.  On that day voters will decide if this country takes a different path - one that veers to the far left and away from traditions that have made our country great.
          This election has stirred controversy like never before.  I have refrained from saying much about it since many of my friends and even relatives, unlike me, support the liberal agenda.  This is hard for me to accept but I don't want to risk hurting our relationships over this.  But with a week to go, I think I need to express my feelings and choices.  So here are my viewpoints on several key issues.
          TACT AND RUDENESS - without a question I am disappointed with how Trump has related to friends and opponents.  His Twitters have often been disgusting.  If this were the most important category I would not be able to vote for him.   However, after listening to Biden's many, many ads I've come to the conclusion that he is just as guilty. He also has been very nasty at times.  And what Trump has endured over the years from the Democratic Party is horrendous.  For that reason I could never vote for Biden.
          Conclusion?  Neither would get my endorsement in this category.
          TRUTH AND INTEGRITY - Many, including the Democrats, have labeled Trump as a liar.  And, unfortunately I think there is evidence that some of this is true.  However Biden's ads have accused Trump of many things that aren't true.  And at one time he lied to the public about his schooling, his degrees and his awards.  That is so sad. And at the last debate he denied saying he and Harris would eliminate fracking and he also denied helping his son gain special perks and income overseas while Joe was VP.  After the debate evidence was presented that he had lied about all of this.
          Conclusion?  Both are guilty and neither would get my endorsement if this were the only category.  Aren't there any honest officials anymore?
          ABORTION - This is a big one for me.  No president in history has done as much for pro-life as Trump.  He is also the first ever to speak at the pro-life rally in Washington.  On the other hand the Biden-Harris team had vowed on day one to begin reversal of all the policies that Trump has made on limiting abortions.  They are pro-choice without a doubt and have radical views such as allowing babies up to 8 months old to be aborted.  They fully support the abortion industry and Planned Parenthood and will work to include support for them in the national budget.  And they do not even try to hide these plans or their hate for pro-life issues and supporters.  And this includes Biden who claims to be a faithful Catholic.  Really, Joe?  What did your nuns teach you?.
          Conclusion?  This one is a no-brainer - Trump.  And I don't understand how any believer in Christ could decide otherwise.
          JUDGES - It is very obvious that Biden and the Democrats want the courts to be led by liberal judges who will make laws rather than apply the Constitution.  And if they take control of Congress they will work to pack the Supreme Court by expanding the number of justices.  This is what you do when you can't win under the established laws.  Sore losers?  Defenders of the Constitution? They have also shown their true colors by the nasty attacks they continue to make against Trump's choices. They have been vicious and almost evil at times.  Trump has also worked to fill lower court vacancies with conservatives. 
          Conclusion?  No question here.  I voted for Trump before because of the prospect of Supreme Court vacancies and I will do so again this time.
          PANDEMIC -  If you can, please name any country or leader in the world who has done a better job in handling this?  And yet Biden and his friends are crucifying Trump for his efforts.  Yes, he has made mistakes, but there were no guidelines for handling this.  And what did Biden do?  He sat in his basement and became a Monday morning quarterback.  And his plan for the future is nothing more than what Trump has tried.  And yet his advertising promotes him as the great savior of the nation.  And while he regularly criticizes Trump for not wearing masks, the majority of his ads include pictures of him without a mask dealing with folks, especially seniors.
          Conclusion?  How can I trust Biden more than Trump?  I can't, so once again Trump.
          CRIME AND VIOLENCE - I'm not sure if anyone can control what has been happening.  However the cities where this has been happening are all run by Democrats.  What has Biden done to stop this? As far as I know he hasn't even condemned this but he and Harris have supported the Defund the Police effort s.
         Conclusion?  Without a doubt, Trump.
          CHRISTIANITY - Of the four, only Pence appears to be a born again Christian. Trump claims to be one but his life doesn't always convince me.  Biden is now hitting the Christian radio networks claiming he has faith, but his definition of faith is not what I call Biblical faith.  Another ad shows a friend of his who shares how good a man Biden is, how he attends mass  regularly and how he was taught the principles of Catholicism by the nuns.  What about abortion, Joe?  And Harris has no time for Christians or religious liberty.
          Conclusion? No guessing here.  Trump has continually defended religion and religious rights.  This will probably be reversed if Biden wins.  Now I don't think being a born again Christian is a requirement for a president, I certainly don't want one who has no time for Christians.  We aren't electing a pastor, but I do want a president who at least is kind to Christian principles.
          ECONOMY - Trump's first three years made our economy one of the strongest and best in history.  But then came the pandemic which nobody could control.  And our economy was hurt badly.  Whose fault was that?  Certainly not Trump's alone.  And the Democrats were part of the problem helping to support excessive spending and even wanting more.  However, the economy has slowly becoming back and much depends upon what happens to the pandemic and this election.
          Conclusion?  I don't trust the Biden liberal team to bring the economy back with their excessive spending, taxes and give away programs.  Trump has done it before and I believe he can do it again if there is any hope for this country.
          ISRAEL - I believe it is important that America support Israel.  Under Trump's leadership several key treaties have been made between Israel and its former enemies.  Jewish leaders now support Trump because of his leadership.
          Conclusion?  Obviously Trump.  Biden in his four decades in Washington has never done anything for Israel and he has been silent about that on the election trail this year.
           So there you have my perspective.  I certainly am not an expert on politics but I have watched what has been happening.  And, as a result, I have already voted, by mail-in ballot, for Donald Trump.  I hope that you might consider doing the same.
          I do feel that it will take a miracle during these troubled times for Trump to win again.  But I rest in the fact that the Lord is still in control and He will take care of His children no matter who on earth controls the presidency, congress and the courts.  Great is our God!  My hope is in Him!

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name. 
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with your evaluation of the candidates. But it beyond sad that evil has won in this election. Our hope is in the Lord. One positive thought, we truly have our mission field in front of us. Much work to do. Praise the Lord!