Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Great Days, Less Than Great Days


 Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r.
 
           We never know exactly what a day may bring. Some days are great.  Some days are less than great.  But all are under God's control and care.
          On Monday afternoon I entered the hospital for surgery to remove several large kidney stones. This was my third hospitalization in three weeks. The surgery was delayed an hour but that gave them enough time to complete the infusion that I needed that day.
          The surgery went well.  They were able to laser three stones and remove the pieces with a basket.  They also replaced my stent with a new one.  They feel the surgery was successful.
          But then I was taken to a very small room for an overnight stay. I developed terrible pain which came in waves.  I asked for Tylenol for the pain but my nurse couldn't give me any because the protocol called for a more powerful drug.  I refused to take anything more powerful.  Finally, about an hour later, she said that she received permission to give me Tylenol.  She did and it helped.
          On Tuesday I negotiated to have my infusion done in the hospital.  I finally was able to convince them to do it.  Early in the afternoon my nurse reluctantly began the process.  But I think it all was done incorrectly.  But I was still able to be released after this possibly failed attempt.
          Wednesday afternoon it was what I hoped might be my final infusion, more blood work and then an appointment with the Infectious Disease Doctors to review my case.
          The doc decided that we could stop the infusions and take medicine for another week.  He was concerned that it would be about three weeks until the stent could be removed. This leaves opportunity for the blood disease to start again.  I was given numerous things to watch for. So I just watch and wait.
          Then that evening, after many "ups and downs", the Lord provided a special bonus, the birth of our first great grandchild – Malachi Pierce Cetnar – born in Mass. – 8 lbs. 2 oz., 21 inches.  A present from the Lord – "a special mercy for each hour".

No comments: