Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, March 18, 2023

It Figures!

          You've heard of Murphy's famous Law: Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. I guess there is some truth to this.
          Computers have been an important part of my life for several decades.  Now I know I am probably in the minority, but I am an Apple/Mac fan.  They are easy to use. You just plug them in and get to work.  They aren't prone to get a virus.  But they are expensive.  I had to also get a pc when I was doing church finances, but I really didn't like it. I'm not a fan of Windows.
          Then about two years ago suddenly my Mac computers could no longer be upgraded to handle my browsers. I no longer could use many of my websites.  I suffered with this for many months and finally decided to give up and buy a new Mac.  So, I ordered one.
         Then Murphy's Law kicked in – the next day I heard on television that Apple is coming out with a new, updated line of computers.  Too late for me. Murphy'S Law I guess, figures!
          Well, there are many other related Laws. Here are some:
 
After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.

--Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair
Identical parts aren't.

--Beach's Law
Any tool, when dropped, will roll into the least accessible corner.

--Anthony's Law of the Workshop
Nothing is as inevitable as a mistake whose time has come.

--Tussman's Law
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

--Lowery's Law
The solution to a problem changes the problem.

--Peer's Law
There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

--William's Law
Handy Guide to Modern Science:
1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's Biology.
2. If it stinks, it's Chemistry.
3. If it doesn't work, it's Physics.
Machines should work. People should think.

--IBM's Pollyanna Principle
The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.

--The Dilbert Principle
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.

--Ehrlich's Law
It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

--Ralph's Observation
If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.

And then my favorite -

--Cannon's Comment - Cole's Law
Thinly sliced cabbage

 

No comments: