Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

God Will Make A Way

Today the application of my pastor's sermon was an important reminder to me.  At times we all need such reminders.  Concluding the story of Esther, pastor reminded us that there weren't any coincidences in the story of Esther and there aren't coincidences in the lives of believers.  God is in control.  He knows all things before they happen, whether those things are in our lives, the lives of other believers, or even in the life of our country.  Sometimes problems and trials seem to come at us in waves, one after another. I guess that recently I've felt somewhat battered by the waves of bad news and unexpected problems.   In fact, on Friday night, after having received some very bad news, I had trouble sleeping and at times even trouble praying while I tossed and turned throughout the night.  Then, early in the morning, I heard one of my favorite Christian artists, Janet Paschal, sing a favorite song, by Dan Moen, with the reminder that I needed at that moment.  It's based on the story of the Israelites facing the Red Sea with the enemies closing in from behind.  "Must have felt strange to end up stranded between an army and the sea.  They must have felt forsaken wondering why God wasn't all He said He'd be.  When your back's against the wall, it's the hardest place of all. But somewhere between provisions and impossibility - God will make a way, when there seems to be no way.  Forever He is faithful. He will make a road when you bear a heavy load.  I know, God will make a way ... When a wall of circumstances leaves you crying in the night, and you struggle til your strength is almost gone.  God will gently hold you in the shelter of His heart and carve a road for you to carry on. So carry on. God will make a way, when there seems to be no way.  Forever He is faithful.  He will make a road when you bear a heavy load. I know, God will make a way."  So if today the waves seem overwhelming, remember, there are no coincidences.  God is in control and He will make a way.  So carry on!   (Hear it now on You Tube)

No comments: