Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Very Special Privilege

I just read an e-mail from my sister-in-law concerning two specific answers to her prayers that were part of my nephew's wedding on Friday.  What a special privilege we have to come into the presence of the Creator at any moment.  One of my favorite verses, memorized in KJV in Good News Club, over 55 years ago, says, "Call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not" (Jeremiah 33:3). So often we experience not only answers to our prayers, but we also see God do abundantly more than we had even expected.  Sometimes those answers are seen very soon, sometimes it takes many years, and some answers we won't understand until we reach heaven.  It is a special privilege to share with Him both our needs and the needs of others, as we do daily, especially with the assistance of our church e-mail prayer chain.  It is also a special privilege to be able to take our needs to him - at any place and at any time. On Thursday afternoon and Friday night we had to drive in unknown territory, in heavy traffic, on the many lanes of major highways near New York City, often in driving rain. Several times I cried out to the Lord when I didn't know which lane to be in or what direction to go, with heavy traffic speeding dangerously all around us. But in every case, even when I thought it was hopeless, the Lord gave immediate answers and safety. Thankfully He wasn't on vacation, conducting a business transaction, or on a telephone call and He could answer immediately in my desperate time of need.  It is also a special privilege to be able to talk to Him and share our deep concerns when we can't even share them with anybody else ... those concerns which bring sleepness nights and dreary days.  He's always there. He's never on vacation, on sick leave or too busy.  And what a privilege is ours to adore Him, thank Him, and praise Him.  I am often reminded of the words of one of my favorite choruses - "Down at Your feet, O Lord, Is the most high place. In Your presence Lord, I seek Your face, I seek Your face. For down at Your feet O Lord, Is the most high place. In Your presence Lord, We seek Your face, We seek Your face. There is no higher calling, No greater honor, Than to bow and kneel before Your throne. I'm amazed at Your glory embraced by Your mercy, O Lord, I live to worship You." May that be your song as you come before Him today.

No comments: