Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Some Heavy Questions

Here are a few heavy things I've been wondering about today .... We were at Roots Auction yesterday and we saw a stand advertising genuine Mexican food. The stand was operated by Amish! Are there really Amish from Mexico? .... Would you risk buying from them with the Swine Flu epidemic? .... Why can't the Phillies win at home? Should they play all their games away? .... Why does the price of oil go up each year just at the time that people want to go on vacation and just at the time when oil distributors are setting their prices for winter heating oil? .... Do gas station operators call each other early in the morning to all agree to raise their prices 15 cents that day? ... Does anybody really believe that the election in Iran was fair and counted correctly? ... What did people do before there were games to play on Facebook? Did they call their friends? Did they read? Did they study their Bible? .... Today we saw a young girl with tattoos all over her body, at least the parts of her body that we could see, from her legs up to and on her face. She really looked gross when she could have looked very attractive. Why would she want to look like that? .... Why can't most women shop without talking on their cell phones while they do so? .... Saturday afternoon I purchased a potted tomato plant at a local "reputable" farm market. By Monday morning the leaves all had white splotches on them. I took a few leaves back to the market and they said they couldn't do anything about it for me. What could I have done to that plant in 40 hours? Why would I go back there to buy from them again? .... If your family has trouble paying your bills, why can't you just be allowed to "raise taxes" rather than cut your expenses? Isn't that what our government does? How big do you think our tax increase will be in Pennsylvania this year? .... Oh well, that's enough for today. Guess I'll go back to watching the Phillies lose again ... at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT !!!