Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Want To Feel Better?

Is your increasing weight getting you discouraged? Are you considering a new diet? Is advancing age getting you down? Are you concerned about your appearance? If these self-esteem issues are bothering you, then I have an easy solution for you. And this solution will only cost you about $20! Are you ready? Here it is. Take a trip to the Shady Maple smorgasbord near Blue Ball. Now for those who don't know about Shady Maple, just google it and you will find one of the world's largest smorgasbords. We venture there twice a year - once on my birthday and once on Dianne's. We do that because they offer a free meal on your birthday if you buy one. And the food really is good and varied, if you can eat that much without feeling bloated when you leave. Now here is the secret, just take some time to watch the people. You don't need to be a statistician to realize that most of the hundreds who pour through this establishment meet two requirements: (1) Most are over 70; (2) Most are over 275 lbs. and many are way over 275 lbs. I kid you not! And as a special bonus you will see these folks, especially the tourists, dressed in some of the strangest ways you've ever seen. And as you watch them fill their many plates you will realize that you really aren't that heavy and really don't look that bad, comparably speaking. And as you leave, your ego will be boosted even more as you observe the pair of 350 pounders dressed in their shorts and tank tops as they overflow two of the couches in the lobby. And you will feel good about yourself once again, at least until you finally stop burping your meal as you head home. Try it, it works.

No comments: