Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Special Seven

I am very proud of my seven grandchildren, but unlike many grandparents, I don't go around showing their pictures and bragging about them. I guess every grandparent thinks his/her grandchildren are the greatest, most brilliant and talented. So I don't try to compete, especially since I know mine are the best. But I will still love them no matter how talented they are or what they achieve. And it does warm my heart when they are successful. I have enjoyed seeing several of them in bands and orchestras. Our oldest was part of an award winning high school band. Several have been active in athletics. One made the high school golf team and one has played rugby (dangerous!) and made traveling soccer teams. Several have won special awards in school - one took a first place in a science fair and another in a social studies fair. One has had art work displayed in a local historical site. Several have excelled in the Word of Life Teens Involved competition, including first places in the international competition. All have been outstanding honor roll students in school, ranking high in their classes. Two have earned Timothy Awards and five have earned Sparky Awards in Awana. One leads our youth praise team. Four have had leads in our church Christmas musicals and have done excellent jobs. Then, last week, one of our granddaughters earned a special honor. Her elementary school teacher came to see her in the Christmas musical at church and then recommended that she try out for a part in the Conestoga Valley High School musical production, "Sound of Music". They needed three elementary students to play parts of the Trapp family. She tried out and passed the auditions for size, singing, dancing, and then acting. As a result she will play the part of Brigitta in the April musical. And that is quite an accomplishment of which we are very proud. But while I get excited about all of these accomplishments, my biggest concern and prayer is that all seven would grow up with a love and passion for the Lord. Not only do I pray for this daily, but I also pray for their future spouses. For all of the great earthly accomplishments will soon just be memories as they fade away. But a relationship with our Lord is what will last for eternity. I can't think of anything more exciting then to gather around God's Throne and worship Him, with all of my grandchildren. And that is my desire and prayer.

No comments: