Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hot And Cold

We have certainly faced a roller-coaster ride of temperatures in the last two months. Both record highs and record lows have been recorded here during that time. This week has been about 8 degrees below normal. Now some folks like it hot and others like it cold. Most married couples have opposite preferences. I recently heard Chuck Swindoll say that because of these differences in opinion between he and his wife, they bought an electric blanket with dual controls. She liked it hot and he liked it cold. And that solved the problem for several years. And when her side wouldn't work any longer, they just turned the blanket around and once again she had it hot. Now that is creative problem solving. Somebody recently sent me a guide to temperatures and I though that while everyone seems to be talking about the current temperatures, I should share this with you on my blog. So here goes. 60 degrees Fahrenheit - Californians put their sweaters on. 50 degrees - Miami residents turn on the heat. 45 degrees - Vermont residents go to outdoor concert. 40 degrees - Minnesotans go swimming. 35 degrees - Italian cars don't start. 32 degrees - Distilled water freezes. 30 degrees - Philadelphia landlords turn on the heat. 25 degrees - Canadians go swimming. 20 degrees - Lake Erie water freezes. 15 degrees - French cars don't start. 10 degrees - You need jumper cables to get the car going. 5 degrees - American cars don't start. 0 degrees - Alaskans put on T-shirts. -10 degrees - German cars don't start. -15 degrees - Miami residents cease to exist. -20 degrees - Japanese cars don't start. -25 degrees - You need jumper cables to get the driver going. -30 degrees - Swedish cars don't start. -35 degrees - North Dakotans button the top button. -40 degrees - Alaskans close the bathroom window. -45 degrees - Green Bay Packer fans order hot cocoa at the game. -50 degrees - Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets. -80 degrees - Hades freezes over; Chicago teams sweep all championships! Now I know that the first will never happen, no matter what the temperature, and while the second is possible, I doubt that it will ever happen either. Sorry, Chicago fans.

No comments: