Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Downward Spiral

Dear friends, we are living in very difficult economic times when business failures and deep budget cuts are in the news daily. In recent years we have become used to major corporations purchasing naming rights to bail out sports venues, such as Citizens Bank Park or Lincoln Financial Field or the Capital One Bowl or even the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl. Local high schools are now also selling naming rights for their athletic fields to bring in additional income. At Penn Manor the baseball field is now known as Turkey Hill Field. But now, in my estimation, this trend has gone too far. To cut the national deficit, Congress is now said to support selling naming rights to many of our national monuments. One of the first to jump at this opportunity is the fast food chain Taco Bell. They have offered to purchase the naming rights for the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. It will then be known as the Taco Liberty Bell. This is so sad. If you feel the same as I do, please join me in signing a petition to oppose this by clicking on the site LIBERTY BELL. Thanks for your support.

No comments: