Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just Blame Me

I'm ready to take the blame! It might just be my fault. Should Santa be late visiting your house on Christmas this year or should you not get what you asked for, it just might be my fault. On Black Friday I was out driving around doing some errands. I was not shopping - I tried to stay clear of that mess. I turned on to route 741 off Columbia Avenue and headed south to Millersville. The speed limit there is 35 mph and I usually try to obey it. Once in awhile I might get up to 38 mph, but seldom more than that. I really don't want to get a speeding ticket on that two mile stretch. Suddenly I noticed this car speeding up behind me. He quickly caught up to me and began to tailgate me - the whole way to Millersville. It was then that I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the driver. He was an older man, with a beard - the fullest white beard that I had ever seen - except on Santa Claus. Could it have been Santa? I'm really not sure. Was he out shopping for bargains on Black Friday? Could be. With the present economy he just might be looking for bargains just like the other crazies who were up all night shopping. Was he rushing for the outlets? Could be. He was going in that direction. And now that I held him up, did he miss the bargains he was looking for? Did I put him behind schedule? I certainly hope not. But as I said, if he is late this year or if you are missing something that you wanted, it just might be my fault. Maybe if I had been sure that it was Santa, I would have pulled off and let him pass me. But I didn't. However I am still puzzled by one other thing. Why was Santa driving an old dented Chevy? Maybe times are really tough at the North Pole.

No comments: