Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Vacancy

As we've gotten older, the trip to Pinebrook, very early Friday mornings, to lead hymn sings has gotten more tiring. So when we can afford it, we often try to reserve a motel room for Thursday night in Allentown. Then we just have an easy 40 minute drive in the morning. We have two hotels that we prefer but sometimes we are disappointed to find that they have no vacancy. It's hard to believe, but sometimes they run out of rooms far in advance. After this past week I am so glad that the same thing doesn't happen in heaven. Wouldn't it be terrible if all the rooms there were filled before our arrival. This week we had seven friends or acquaintances make the move to heaven. It was a very difficult week. Three of them were longtime members of our church. Four of them were relatives of our friends from church. We believe that all four knew the Lord. As our pastor said on Sunday, it was a bittersweet week - bitter for us who are left behind, but sweet for all seven who are now with the Lord. I am so thankful for the Lord's words in John 1: 1-3, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions (or rooms). if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." Over the years these words have been a comfort to many believers. And it is great to know that unlike the Marriott, Jesus said there were many rooms. There won't be any no vacancy signs. Even with the many who made the journey this week, there is plenty of room. And I've already made my reservation for my room. It is guaranteed by Jesus himself who also paid the entire bill. Have you reserved your room?

No comments: