Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Warning Signals

I have been frustrated this winter by the signal on my dashboard which indicates low tire pressure. It would come on as soon as the temperature dropped. When we took a trip and the air warmed or when we checked the tire pressure and added just a little air, the signal light would turn off. However, recently it came on again and I just assumed that when we took a long trip or when the weather warmed it would go off as it had in the past. But this time it didn't and I decided just to ignore it because we were due to have the car serviced. Two Saturdays ago we decided to travel about two hours to Emmaus to attend a funeral. When we left at 7:30 in the morning I thought our rear tire on the driver's side looked a little low. We stopped at Sheetz for coffee and I decided to use their air pump to check the tires. I was surprised that this tire took a considerable amount to get it back to the suggested pressure. But it looked fine and we took off for the funeral. I was also pleased to see that once again the dashboard warning light went off. We returned later that afternoon without any problem or warning light. However, Sunday morning the light came back on and the tire looked a little low once again. Then I checked more carefully and noticed a screw in the tire. We decided that before we had a flat tire we'd leave the car at the local garage for them to check on Monday. And sure enough, not only did they find a screw in the tire but they also located a nail. I can't help but wonder now how long these were in the tire - all winter, a month, a few days? Looking back I am so thankful that the tire didn't go flat while we were traveling, especially when we were going 65 mph on route 222. We always pray for the Lord's protection when we travel and I feel that His protection was really obvious this time. I guess I also learned that you shouldn't ignore warning signals, not only in the car, but in life. The Bible warns us of the dangers of doing our own thing and yet so often we just go ahead and ignore the warnings. And doing that can be dangerous.

No comments: