Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Helping the Unemployed


Dear employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase and in a BIG way.  To compensate for these increases our prices would have to increase by about 10%.  But since we cannot increase our prices right now, due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.  This has really been bothering me since I believe that we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.


So, this is what I did.  I walked through our parking lot and found sixty Obama bumper stickers on our emploees' cars and I decided that these folks will be the ones to be let go.  I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.  They voted for change ... I gave it to them.


I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.


Now if this letter were true, it would be both funny and sad.  And what would you say to a person who voted for Obama and then lost his job?  Well, here are ten things that you might share with such a person.

1. "Hey, at least that successful Mormon businessman didn't win."
2.  "At least you can still buy and use marijuana since he won't enforce the federal laws against it."
3. "Look at the bright side. Gay marriage passed in four states and he won't enforce the federal marriage laws."
4. "Hey, Big Bird still has a job. Isn't that the important thing?"
5. "I am sure Obama cares deeply about your situation. Maybe he'll send you a postcard from Hawaii."
6. "Well, look at the bright side. Rush Limbaugh is getting a tax increase."
7. "You won't have to worry about not getting social security or medicare.  He won't cut it and the bill for that will be the responsibility of your children, your grandchildren, your great grandchildren, your great-great grandchildren and future generations."
8. "Isn't it worth losing your job just to know that religious organizations now have to pay for abortions and contraceptives?" 
9.  You'll have medical insurance.  Hopefully the insurance that you will be required to purchase won't cost too much or maybe your fine will at least be less than your unemployment insurance.  
10.  "Forward!"   

Now I'm sure that you have some comments that could be added to this list so why don't you include them as comments to this blog.  It would be interesting to read what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think as a nation, we deserve him!!