Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Math and Movies


          Welcome.  I've decided to go a different direction with this particular blog.  I'm going to combine a short math test with an interesting observation about favorite movies.  Now I've used this math test before when I was teaching, but this application is a new and interesting one that a friend recently sent sent to me.  Now don't quit just because you may not like mathematics.  This test is very simple and only will take a few seconds.  So hang in there, follow the directions carefully, and hopefully you'll enjoy the application.   So here we go:

1. Pick a number from 1 to 9.
2. Multiply that number by 3.
3. Add 3.
4. Multiply by 3 again.
5. Your total is a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together .
6. Now using your answer, find the movie in the list below that corresponds to your answer and hopefully you will enjoy the movie listed.

Movie List:
  1. Gone With the Wind
  2. E.T.
  3. Blazing Saddles
  4. Star Wars
  5. Forrest Gump
  6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
  7. Jaws
  8. Grease
  9. The Obama Farewell Speech
10. Casablanca
11. Jurassic Park
12. Shrek
13. Pirates of the Caribbean
14. Titanic
15. Raiders of the Lost Ark
16. Home Alone
17. Mrs. Doubtfire

Try it again, with a different number from 1 to 9.
         Now, I'm sorry if you don't agree with the choice - we welcome everyone to this blog, no matter what your political opinions may be.  But for me, unfortunately, this movie has not yet been made and probably won't be until his term ends.  But I'd be thrilled to see it happen sooner.  In the meantime, I will continue to pray for him.  For some reason God allowed him to be elected.

No comments: