Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, May 25, 2009

I Wonder ...

There are some things I wonder about ...  Where have all the sparrows suddenly come from?  For the past year our birds seemed to have disappeared and then, suddenly, a few weeks ago, flocks of sparrows invaded our feeders.  Often we now have eight to ten feeding at one time.  And they are running up my bill as they gobble up my bird food.  They are more like pigs than birds!  ...   Why do banks and investment firms make it so hard to take out your money?  It has taken us months and dozens of forms and even gold medallion signatures to get trust funds released to pay bills.  And we have found that others have the same problems.  I guess they just don't want to give up their funds ...  Why do national and international leaders continue to give meaningless warnings to countries developing nuclear weapons?  It's like telling your kids not to do something, twenty times ... Why aren't there any good family programs on television anymore?  Won't folks watch shows that don't include sex, swearing, and violence? ...  Why do Bradford and Norman Rockwell collector plates no longer have any value?  You can't even give them away ... Why do we need more shopping center/plazas when large centers like Park City, whose owners happen to be bankrupt, have more and more empty stores? ... Now here is a big one - How do you take friends off your friends list on Facebook?  There used to be a page to do this but it appears that they've changed it and eliminated that choice.  So are you stuck with your friends forever or is there a way to quietly remove them if you change your mind? (Please help me out if you know the answer) ... so those are some of my weighty concerns on a slow Monday ... oh yes, I also wonder will Moyer last four innings for the Phillies tonight?  I feel for him.  Poor guy is learning what many of us have already learned, it's not easy getting old.  So stay young!  Hope you had a nice Memorial Day.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You can block someone on Facebook, but I don't know if there is a way to quietly remove them.