Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, January 25, 2010

It Was Worth It All

It wouldn't be right not to follow up my last blog with an update on Zachary and Taylor's trip. As you know, after many delays, they did get to Reno, a day late, but in time to enjoy some of the convention with their parents. Their main reason for the trip was to meet President George W. Bush, and that did happen. They spent much of Saturday with Liz Cheney, the daughter of the former vice-president. She also spoke at the convention. While Craig was showing her around the exhibit area, she said that she wanted to go see the former President. So their security contacted secret service and arrangements were made. Craig accompanied her and was able to talk to President Bush for a few minutes. Later that day arrangements were made with a professional photographer to take pictures of the Safari Club's officers with the President. Craig took his family along and they had a great picture taken with him. Taylor also had a few moments to talk with him. That night they heard him give a special speech about his eight years in office, and, at the end, the audience gave him a standing ovation. One of his comments was that the thing that got him through those eight years was the knowledge that every day thousands of people who he didn't even know, were praying for him. Craig followed the President on the program and as the President left, he told Craig "I've gotten them all warmed up for you!" I remember well the day that I met President Regan. It was a day that I will never forget and so it will be for Craig and Kisha and especially for Zachary and Taylor. It certainly was a challenging, memorable experience getting them there, but in the end, all the effort and inconveniences and problems were worth the result. And I have been reminded once again that someday we will meet Jesus. And everything in this life pales with that. All the cares and trials we face now will be worth the result of being with Him. This reminds me of an old hymn which I featured a few months ago in my hymn blog (Hymn Blog), "It Will Be Worth It All". The first verse and chorus go like this: "Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear, We're tempted to complain, to murmur and despair; But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away, All tears forever over in God's eternal day.. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus, Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ; One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase, So bravely run the race till we see Christ" The anticipation and promise of that day makes one pray, Lord come quickly.

No comments: