Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions You Can Keep

So did you make any resolutions for 2010? How many have you broken already? I guess resolutions are fine if you have the discipline to meet them. I'm not into resolutions although I do enjoy starting the year by looking over my journals from past years to see how things have changed and how the Lord has led in our lives. But if you are into resolutions, why not promise to do something you can actually do. Here are some suggestions.~ Gain weight - at least 30 pounds. ~ Stop exercising - waste of time. ~Eat more snacks at night. ~ Read less - makes you think. ~ Procrastinate more - starting tomorrow. ~ Spend more time at work, surfing the web. ~ Don't jump off a cliff just because everyone else did. ~ Stop bringing lunch from home - eat out more. ~ Get in a whole NEW rut! ~ Start being superstitious. ~ Only wear jeans that are two sizes too small and use a chain or rope for a belt. ~ Get further in debt. ~ Don't drive a motorized vehicle across thin ice. ~ Don't swim with piranhas or sharks. ~ Spread out your priorities beyond the ability to keep track of them. ~ Wait for opportunity to knock. ~ Focus on the faults of others. ~Get more toys. ~ Mope about faults. ~ Never make New Year's resolutions again. Hopefully this list will get you thinking about some that you can actually keep. But on a more serious note, personally I don't make resolutions but I do have a daily goal for my future. It is shared in the chorus of one of my favorite praise choruses that, unfortunately, I seldom hear sung anywhere. You can listen to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sing it now by using the following link, PRAISE. The words are so simple but so powerful. "Praise you, praise You, Let my life praise you! Praise you, praise You, Let my life O Lord, praise you!"

No comments: