Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Shoveling Snow

Today I spent time trying to shovel out some areas around our house that I hadn't gotten to the last two days. It was a real chore, especially for an old man. Not only was it two to three feet deep, but some of it contained ice. Our front step never gets sunlight so it is a sheet of ice and I have not made much progress with it. Today when I was coming in from shoveling I took a big spill on the ice. Maybe that was a fitting way to kick off the winter Olympics! The Olympic judges might have given me a 9.8 for style. I don't think anything is broken, but I am certainly going to ache for a few days. This experience brought back to my mind a story that I had enjoyed many years ago. It is too long to put in my blog, but I've set up another page for it. I hope you'll take time to go there and enjoy it. Here is the link. SNOW I think you'll enjoy it and maybe at this point you can relate to it. In the meantime I'm going to look for the heating pad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good story. I read that one before. Creators Syndicate writer, Mona Charen, had a great and funny article about their experience. I especially like when she mentioned the table. In fact, I gave the article to Vonnie to read - she laugh-out-loud at the same place concerning the same thing. Not sure the title she gave it. Our paper had: "D.C. residents face the snowy frontier". Hope you can find it. Dan Allen