Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Thank You, Gloria

On Saturday we buried my wife's stepmother, Gloria. We really didn't mourn for her because she is now where she really wanted to be, home in heaven. After she fell and was taken to the hospital, she told the nurse that this was her day to go home, not back to her assisted living facility, but home to heaven. She was right, for several hours later her heart failed and she was home with Jesus. We thank the Lord for Gloria because she was a companion that Dianne's dad really needed after the death of Dianne's mother. He could not bear to be alone and he would often call and ask us to pray that he would die because he was so lonely. It was a relief to us when he found Gloria who provided the companionship which he desperately needed. We admit that we were surprised when they announced that they were getting married. We approved and supported them in this decision. Now as is often the case in many second marriages, there were often differences of opinions and challenges in this marriage. But both loved the Lord. They worshipped together, traveled together, went out to eat together, and visited with friends together. Dianne's father never lost his love for his first wife and thought of Gloria as the companion he needed. And through this second marriage he became much more patient, kind, considerate and caring. This was Gloria's third marriage and yet after Dianne's dad passed away, she never stopped grieving for him until the day she died. Whenever we were with her she would tell us how good he was to her, despite their occasional differences, and how much she missed him. And we know that she did. She was never happy after his death. And so we say "thank you" Gloria for helping dad through those difficult years and we know that you are now happy at home with the Lord.

No comments: