Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Daily Interruptions

We never know what a day will bring. No matter how we may plan our days they are often filled with interruptions. Sometimes these may be minor and we just need to rearrange our plans for that day. Sometimes these are even welcomed and make our days extra special and sometimes even memorable. However, sometimes the interruptions are very unexpected and can even be life changing. I'm sure that the couple celebrating their honeymoon on the recently wrecked cruise ship never anticipated how their lives would change just three hours after they began the cruise. And with the knowledge that we may face many unexpected interruptions during the day, I have learned that it is a good habit to begin the day by asking the Lord for guidance and direction for the day ahead. And it is also good to ask the same for our loved ones. With the knowledge that your day is committed to the Lord it is easier to face what may come your way in the days ahead. I have learned to ask Him for His leading and will before I roll out of bed in the morning or else while I am shaving and preparing for the day. Interruptions and problems are easier to face when you know that He is directing your paths and actions. I was reminded about how quickly things can change or go wrong by a story that Charles Swindoll shared on the radio yesterday. He told about a new modern commercial airliner that was taking its maiden journey from New York City to Los Angeles with a full load of passengers. About a half hour into the flight passengers heard the following announcement. "This is a recorded message. Today you are part of the first fully electronic passenger plane. There is no pilot aboard. There is no copilot aboard and there is no flight engineer present. We took off electronically. We are flying electronically. We will land electronically. So bit back and enjoy the trip. There is no need to worry since nothing can go wrong ... go wrong ... go wrong ... go wrong ... go wrong." Have a good day knowing that if you've placed the day in His hands that all that happens - good or seemingly bad - will be in His plans for you. Rest in that knowledge.

No comments: