Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

No Regrets!


If only I could send her flowers.  If only I could send her a meaningful card.  If only I could give her a call. If only I could stop by to visit her.  If only I could take her out to eat.  If only I could give her a kiss.   If only I could tell her that I love her and wish her a happy Mother's Day.  But I can't.  And I haven't been able to do that for 18 years.  She was taken from us so unexpectedly and so quickly in an automobile accident.  In a moment everything changed.  Thankfully I was with her the night before, on her birthday, and I was able to wish her a happy birthday.  In some ways that seems just like yesterday and I still miss her. I will always miss her.  I think there is often a special bond between mothers and their sons.  And I had a special mother who loved and served the Lord.  I was blessed.  I realize now how much she sacrificed for her children.  Somtimes you need to be older until you really understand that. I wish I could say thank you to her once again.  I was blessed.  Now I don't have any regrets except that I can no longer share with her.  I know that she is now with the Lord and that she and dad are reunited.  She no longer has the physical ailments that bothered her here on earth.  And the Lord spared her from the difficult days that so many seniors endure in their latter years.  And I do not wish her back.  But at mother's day there is still a deep hurt that one feels when mother is gone.  Our days here on earth pass so quickly and it is so easy to forget those who we love.  If your mother is alive, make sure that you do something special for her this weekend.  If you are away from home send her flowers and call her and thank her for being your mother.  If you are close by, make sure that you at least visit with her or take her out for dinner.  You may never have the chance to do that again on mother's day.  You don't want to live with that regret.

No comments: