Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

So Much To Learn


It's that time of the year when our schools send out another wave of graduates to face the world.  Hopefully they have learned their lessons well.  But so many of the important lessons in life are only learned through experience.  Recently somebody sent me a list of things that are learned with time.  I thought it was so good that I am passing it on to you.  I only wish that I had written it.  Here goes.  (1) I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."  (2)  I've learned that, regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll  miss them when they're gone from your life.  (3)  I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.  (4)  I've learned that people will forget what you said ... people will forget what you did ... but people will never forget how you made them feel.  (5)  I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.  (6)  I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.  (7)  I've learned that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.  (8)  I've learned that money doesn't buy class.  (9) I've learned that under someone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.  (10)  I've learned that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?  (11)  I've learned that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.  (12)  I've learned that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.  (13)  I've learned that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.  (14)  I've learned that one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.  (15)  I've learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.  (16)  I've learned that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.   And finally,  (17)  I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

No comments: