Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, September 8, 2008

"Nittaly" Lions

I guess I just can't pass on this one.  The Democratic candidate for President of the United States, Barack Obama, appeared in Pennsylvania last week and saluted the Penn State "Nittaly Lions".  Yes folks, the one some call the new Messiah publicly hailed the "Nittaly Lions".   I guess he never heard of the NITTANY Lions.  He probably never saw 110,000 gather for a Penn State football game.  Now I don't know that his mistake will cost him any votes, but he sure offended thousands of Penn State fans.  How could you not know that the famed Joe Paterno has coached the NITTANY Lions for many years.  How could you not have heard of the team nickname on TV or radio or in newspapers or magazines?  It makes me wonder if the elitist candidate from the political machine of Chicago really knows how the average person lives and what he does. Maybe he just had a "senior moment" - oh, but I thought that was supposed to be the problem of the Republican candidate, not the eloquent liberal from Chicago.  Do you think he roots for the Chicago Beats in football, or maybe the Chicago Balls in basktball, or how about the Chicago White Sacks in baseball?  I guess the media in Illinois just doesn't cover Penn State sports - we're just too rural and we "depend on guns and religion".  Well, I guess all the candidates will make mistakes during the campaign, but "Nittaly Lions", in the heart of Penn State territory!  Wow!  Anyway, didn't those "Nittaly Lions" look good on Saturday!   Go Lions, Nittaly, NITTANY, or otherwise!

No comments: