Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

But God

Years ago I had a small book entitled "BUT GOD". It was a very inspirational book. This week when I really wanted and needed to reread it I found that it is now missing. Isn't that the way things often go? The Bible includes numerous "BUT GOD" experiences. In Genesis 50:20, Joseph said to his brothers, "you thought evil against me, BUT GOD meant it for good." In Genesis 48:21, Israel told Joseph, "behold I die. BUT GOD shall be with you". When Pharaoh changed his mind and began to pursue the Israelites, in Exodus 13:18, it is written "BUT GOD led the people about". In I Samuel 23:14 Saul sought David every day, "BUT GOD delivered him not into his hand". In Psalm 73:26 David cries out "my flesh and my heart faileth; BUT GOD is the strength of my heart". In Acts 13:19 - 30, it says that they took Jesus down from the cross and laid him in a sepulchre, "BUT GOD raised Him from the dead". "BUT GOD" incidents are God's interventions in impossible situations. The Bible is filled with them and hopefully our lives are, too - His intervention in our lives, in His time. Honestly, with the pressures we are facing personally right now, I'm praying and looking for another "BUT GOD" experience.  And, I know He will intervene - in His time, not mine. Maybe you, too, are facing difficult, seemingly impossible situations right now. Trust a loving Father who will intervene with strength, wisdom, and peace when He knows that His children need help. Things may seem impossible or overwhelming, BUT GOD ...  

No comments: