Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Special Election Edition

This is a special edition of my blog.  I have not used my blog to say anything about the election despite the fact that I really fear the direction our country is moving.  It appears that the victory will be bought by the most liberal senator in the U.S. Senate who is strongly pro-choice, an advocate of homosexual rights, big government, redistribution of the wealth, higher taxes and many ultra-liberal causes.  One of my biggest concerns has been his stand for abortion and his plans to remove all restrictions on abortions.  With this in mind, I'd encourage you to stop and watch a very challenging video produced by the Catholic church.  While it doesn't tell who to vote for, it is very thought-provoking and speaks for itself.   Watch it now at http://www.catholicvote.com/  In case you need some clarification, let me just share some comments about Obama on the subject of life.   Obama has said that one of his first items of business will be to pass a Freedom of Choice bill which will remove all limits on abortion which have been set by the states. He has voted against the Partial Birth Abortion Act. Four times he has voted against a law to provide medical help to children born out of failed abortions, especially those with special needs. He supports allowing young girls to have abortions without the knowledge of their parents. Planned Parenthood gives him a 100% rating. He has also publicly said that if one of his daughters got pregnant he would not want her to have to live with her "mistake" - not a human baby, a mistake. He said that deciding when a baby is actually a person is "beyond my pay grade". With that attitude, I believe being President is also above his pay grade and I can not vote for him.  I urge you to VOTE LIFE on Tuesday. 

1 comment:

teenarocks said...

You AMAZE me! I don't know how you keep up with it all. However it's probably very therapeutic. I really do enjoy reading your writings. There's so much going on in that head of yours. Sometimes you remind me of Andy Rooney. Hey, he's probably made a bundle doing what he does and he's probably about ready to retire. Maybe you can get his job!
Pat T.
teenarocks