Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things That Bother Me

All of us have our pet peeves - those things that bother us. I've referred to a few of mine before, but here are some that are current in my experiences ... (1)  folks who drive while talking on their cell phones, especially turning the corner with one hand while talking and laughing, or driving against my bumper while chatting away ... (2)  folks who greet you with "How are you?" and then keep walking.  It is just a greeting and they don't really want to know.  This morning in church I would have welcomed the chance to share how I was feeling with somebody who was interested, but although the question was asked several times, nobody waited for a reply ... (3)  folks who can't say "thank you" when you do something for them.  We live in a thankless society with folks who have no manners (by the way, thanks for dropping by to read my blogs) ... (4)  young folks who wear there pants so low that you see their underwear.  We stopped to eat at Wendy's today and a girl and a boy in their twenties (notice I didn't call them lady and gentleman) paraded around with pants that appeared ready to drop to the floor.  It didn't do too much for our appetites ... (5)  maybe I should say modern dress in general.  I had to turn my eyes away several times this morning while I was sitting in the church narthex as numerous ladies walked by with their short skirts and low necklines.  It is embarrassing to see this anywhere, but especially in church ... (6)  then there are the pet peeves that brought on today's blog - the Philadelphia Eagles, or should I say Beagles.  I watched them tie the Bengals today, a team that had a 1-8 record.  They played so poorly that they didn't deserve to be called professional. And Donovan McNabb was terrible but always smiling.  And Andy Reid's coaching was horrendous but he stood on the sideline with a big smile.  Is the game really that funny?  How can you laugh when you play and coach so poorly?  It certainly wasn't funny to their fans. It appeared that they really didn't care. I found myself hoping they'd lose in the overtime, but the Bengals were even more hapless and the game ended in a tie, the first in the NFL since 2002.  It's time for a change in Philadelphia.  I guess we all have our pet peeves and we just need to learn to not to get too excited about them - notice, I didn't say laugh about them like the Beagles did.   What are some of your pet peeves?  You can share yours by leaving a comment here.  I look forward to reading them.

No comments: