Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

And They Keep Coming

In my blog of October 22 I remarked how difficult it has been to get organizations to stop asking my deceased father for money. He moved to heaven about ten months ago and the letters keep coming. And, when they include postage paid envelopes I keep returning them, at their expense. I enjoy writing creative messages on them and suggesting that they remove him from the mailing list or change his address to "heaven". They ignore the responses and I keep returning them. The Republican National Committee is the worst offender. I think I may have returned at least 25 to them, some with rather creative responses. The second worst offender is The Heritage Foundation - Leadership For America. I've now returned about 15 to them. The latest was a plea to have my dad include them in his will or living trust. They provided two choices. First, I have already done this. Second, I will consider including Heritage. In my response I checked the second one and changed the words "will consider" to "would consider". So it reads, "I would include Heritage in my will or living trust if I were still alive. But since I died a year ago, I probably can't do it. By the way, this is the 15th request my son has sent to you to remove my name from your mailing list or change my address to Heaven. Every time you send your requests for my money he has two reactions. First, he gets very disappointed that you have so much money to waste. Second, he must relive his sorrow over my passing. Is this your heritage gift to him? But keep them coming, and he'll keep returning them, at your expense. Have a nice thanksgiving. It sure is beautiful here in heaven." So what's your guess, will they remove him this time? My guess is, probably not. After all, what is a little postage to a large group like this. Maybe it's called "Leadership For America".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a "hoot!" I cannot believe you are STILL dealing with this stuff! That is good enough for the Reader's Digest. I laughed through the whole thing.

"Sis" Sue

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!