Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, November 20, 2009

In His Grip

Our oldest grandson was just a toddler and he came home with us to spend the afternoon at our house. As we got out of the car and walked along the sidewalk I walked slightly ahead of him as I went to unlock the house door. Suddenly I heard a little voice say "Pop Pop!". As I turned I saw that he was standing at a gutter that I had placed across our sidewalk to drain rain water away from the house. I had just easily stepped over this, but to our little grandson, this gutter was a major obstacle. He couldn't step over it without help. He stood there with his hand in the air waiting for me to hold it and help him over this obstacle. He needed Pop Pop. For me it was no problem, but for him it was impossible. A few days later, in my devotions, I came upon Isaiah 41:13, "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you". Suddenly the situation with my grandson helped me understand this promise. So often we face major obstacles in our lives. But for our great God these are not impossibilities, but possibilities. He wants us to grip His hand and let Him help us over the obstacle. Since that day Isaiah 41:13 has been one of my favorite verses. In fact I used this illustration as the title and theme for a book which I am writing for my grandchildren, "In His Grip". Excerpts from this can be found on a special part of my webpage at fbfawana@aol.com. The past year has presented many hurdles for us and we have time and time again reached out for His hand to lead us through these challenges. Now I am facing some new and different challenges in my life. Last week when I was very discouraged I asked the Lord for a special promise for that day. I turned on my computer and opened an e-mail that I receive daily with a promise for that day. And I received my answer to my prayer immediately. The promise for the day was Isaiah 41:13. Wow! And so, once again I have called out "Father" and have gripped His hand to help me over this obstacle. And I know that He will, He always has, and He is faithful. So are you facing an obstacle that seems impossible? Don't fear. Call out to God and hold on to His hand and He will lead you through your challenge.

No comments: