Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Interesting Answers

For security reasons, I often don't open forwards with attachments that are sent to me, even by folks I know. And forwards I receive generally are read and deleted. But every once in awhile there is one that I need to share. Recently I received one that contained answers that students have given to questions on tests. You may think that these are made up but that probably means that you've never been a teacher. I often wish that I had kept some that I received on my tests. But here for your enjoyment are actual answers given on tests.

1. Explain why phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) is polar.
Ans. - God made it that way.
2. Sea salt is commercially obtained from sea water by the process of evaporation and crystallization. The main component of sea salt is sodium chloride. What type of force or bond holds the sodium ions and chloride ions together in a crystal of sodium chloride?
Ans. - James Bond
3. Briefly explain what hard water is.
Ans. - ice
4. Given a triangle with legs marked 3 cm and 4 cm and the hypotenuse marked x, find x.
Ans. - (x is now circled) Here it is.
5. What was Sir Walter Raleigh famous for?
Ans. - He is a noted figure in history because he invented cigarettes and started a craze for Bicycles.
6. What did Mahatma Gandi and Gengis Khan have in common?
Ans. - Unusual names
7. Name one of the early Romans' greatest achievements.
Ans. - Learning to speak Latin.
8 - Name one measure which could be put into place to avoid flooding in times of extensive rainfall (e.g. in Mississippi).
Ans. - Flooding in areas such as the Mississippi River may be avoided by placing a number of big dames into the river.
9 - Name two animals which live specifically in the Arctic.
Ans. - Two polar bears and four seals.
10 - Name the wife of Orpheus whom he attempted to save from the underworld.
Ans. - Mrs. Orpheus
11 - Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
Ans. - At the bottom.
12 - What happens during puberty to a boy?
Ans - He says goodbye to his childhood and enters adultery.
13 - What is the meaning of the word "varicose"?
Ans. - Close by
14 - What is the highest frequency noise that a human can register?
Ans. - Mariah Carey
15 - What is a fibula?
Ans. - A little lie
16 - Explain the phrase "free press".
Ans - When your mum irons trousers for you.
17 - Joanna works in an office. Her computer is a stand-alone system. What is a stand-alone computer system?
Ans. -It doesn't come with a chair.
18. - Steve is driving his car. He is traveling at 60 feet/second and the speed limit is 40 mph. Is Steve speeding?
Ans. - He could find out by checking his speedometer.

And that folks is one of the "joys" of being a teacher!

No comments: