Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chewing Gum, Toothpaste and Breath Mints

If you read Monday night's Lancaster New Era you probably saw the article about the federal tax on tobacco rising 62 cents per pack of cigarettes today.  If you are a smoker, this is a hefty tax.  The hope is that many smokers will be forced to give up this bad habit because of its rising cost.  Time will tell. What you probably didn't read is that a steep federal tax will also begin on Wednesday on some non-tobacco products.  Taxes of about 39 cents will be added to products like chewing gum, breath mints, toothpaste, mouth sprays, and mouth wash.   I don't know what the reasoning for this might be, except to raise more taxes to help with federal bailouts and deficits.  Now if you didn't hear about this it may already be too late for you to stock up on these products.  But some companies are offering rebate cards to help cover these increases. We doubt that you care about the tobacco increases but since we think many of you might be affected by the increases for the other products, we have put together some information for you about these rebates at   http://fbfawana.com/gum.html.  Please check it out.  We hope this information is helpful to you.  If it isn't of concern to you, please keep your bad breath away from me - just kidding - I guess.

No comments: