Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Over For Another Year

Well, it is over for another year - April 6, that is.  I've checked the internet to see what significant things happened on April 6, 1941 and nothing very positive happened.  You see that was the day that Germany invaded Yugoslavia and Greece.  It was Palm Sunday and the Luftwaffe bombed Belgrade without mercy.  Phil Austin, an American comedian was born that day, but I never heard of him and you probably never did either.  Craig Wood, whoever he was, won the Eighth Golf Masters Championship shooting a 280 - wow!  Way to go Craig.  I guess the only positive memory of that day, at least to me and my parents, is that I was born.  My birth came in an old hospital in Sunbury which was later torn down.  I don't know if there was any significance to that or not.  And so, yesterday, people around the world celebrated the 68th anniversary of the invasions by Germany, Craig's victory, Phil's birth, or my birthday, or most likely nothing at all.  I had a great day - probably as memorable as most of my previous birthdays.  In the morning I traveled to York to sign papers for my dad's estate while Dianne had an appointment.  In the afternoon I picked up more of my dad's estate papers while Dianne had a doctor's appointment.   We did make our semi-annual trip to Shady Maple for my free meal.  There we ate too much once again and enjoyed watching the crowd.  I am convinced that 95% of the patrons were either very overweight or old or in many cases, both.  I fit both groupings.  Then we headed home where Dianne suddenly got violently sick, spending most of her night in a small room up the hall.  I thought we might be going to the ER and I worried about her through the night, enough that I didn't sleep.  But, thank the Lord, she is on the mend.  So life goes on and that "celebration" is over for another year.  I don't feel any younger or older, although right now I don't have enough time to even think about that. And at this time of life you no longer remember how you felt an hour ago anyway.  And so the count begins to number 69 and we take it one day at a time.  Now if I could only remember what day it will be tomorrow

No comments: