Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, April 24, 2009

No bread!

We are in Bedford today in preparation for going to Altoona in the morning to watch two of our grandchildren in the Word of Life Teens Involved competition.  When we travel we can never agree on where we want to go to eat.  But tonight we noticed a Subway right next to our hotel and both readily agreed that a sub would taste good.  So off to Subway we went.  But guess what?  Subway had no bread ... at 6 pm on a Friday night ... they had no bread!  So they couldn't make subs.  What else do they really sell but subs.  A Subway with no bread!  So we saw a Sheetz nearby and settled for subs there.  But as we left we decided that we really wanted a little more and guess what was next door?  A Wendys!  So we decided to go through the drive-in and order some fries.  There were two cars ahead of us but the one got tired of waiting and left the line.  We waited and waited behind the one who was ordering - we thought he must have been ordering everything on their menu. Finally it was our turn. After we were able to order two orders of expensive fries (they wouldn't accept my Wendy's senior discount card), we again pulled up behind the car in front of us to pay for the fries.  And again we waited and waited.  You see the driver, instead of just paying his bill, must have also been sharing his life's history which is probably what he was doing when placing his order.  All he had to do was pay his bill. Finally we followed him to the pick-up window where the very same thing was repeated.  And again we waited and waited.  Finally he pulled up and we could get our expensive fries.  Then he stopped again to look in the restaurant window, but this time we could pull around him and leave.  As I did I noticed his license plate - disabled veteran.  I told Dianne I was thankful that he had defended our freedom (including the right to choose Wendys) as a veteran but that he probably was disabled because he had taken one to the head.  So that was our exciting evening meal - Subway with no bread, Sheetz which failed to toast Dianne's sub, and slow fast food at Wendys.  Maybe I am the one who has taken one to the head!

No comments: